Revision date: 10/07/2016
All services provided by basic host uk ("basic host uk") may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage or presentation of any information, data or material in violation with any law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to:
Copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statute. The member/user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless basic host uk from any claims resulting from the use of service which damages the subscriber or any other party.
Prohibited are sites that promote any illegal activity or present content that may be damaging to 'basic host uk' servers, or any other server on the Internet. Links to such materials are also prohibited, Basic host uk will delete any hosting accounts without notice with no refund wotsoever.
Examples of unacceptable content and or links:
1. Pirated software.
2. Hacker programs or archives.
4. Warez sites.
NOTICE: IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS FOUND TO CONTAIN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, ILLEGAL MP3 FILES, PIRATED SOFTWARE, HACKER PROGRAMS, WAREZ PROGRAMS, OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL FILES, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT NOTICE, BASIC HOST UK WILL NOTIFY THE PROPER AUTHORITIES OF YOUR ACTIONS.
All account plans come with a predetermined amount of traffic allowance. We monitor all accounts, Any accounts that exceeded the given limits will display the 'Exceeded Limit Warning' until the next monthly start date.
We currently do not allow IRC or IRC bots to be operated on our servers.
Any attempt to undermine or cause harm to a server or customer of basic host uk is strictly prohibited. As our customer you are responsible for all your accounts. Should you violate the Terms of Services outlined within, your account will be cancelled without chance of refund.
Refusal of Service
We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, at our sole discretion.
All sub-networks, distributive hosting sites and dedicated servers of basic host uk must adhere to the above policies, with the exception of system resources in respect to dedicated servers.
Basic Host Uk offers shared and or multi hosting services, As a result we do not offer deadicated ip addresses for above hosting options or to any individual and or member.
IP Mail Addresses On Blacklists
It's not uncommon for a mail IP address to end up on a public blacklist, More so on shared hosting types, anywhere between 80%-95% of all email transmitted daily on the Internet is spam, our server IP's are only used to host the website(s) rather than other services such as mail which would typically be affected with other providers who may not use mail gateways, blacklist's shouldn't create a problem either way because mail is routed out through various IP's rather than the server IP where the website(s) are hosted, Although we do monitor this and would typically request to be delisted if any of our IP's used for hosting are found on any blacklists, For this reason, We do not give refunds if a client finds IP addresses used to host website(s) within their account at Basic Host UK, Other options would be to use a 'VPS' service using a deadicated IP Address and or a enterprise level email provider to fit your requirements, Basic Host UK does not offer any of these services.
Shared / multi hosting options offered by basic host uk means that a client / customer website will be hosted on a server with x amount of other websites using the same IP Addresses, Depending on the amount of websites and resources been used will depend on server loading times. Speeds may be effected at certain times of the day.
By the Account Activation Date of each month and or year, basic host uk shall either:
(1) debit the client's credit card (when such information has been provided by the client); or
(2) deliver, by e-mail or regular mail, an invoice in accordance with the applicable Service Fees for services rendered for the current month. When an invoice is delivered to the client, payment shall be remitted to basic host uk by no later than the specified payment due date. basic host uk shall be entitled to immediately terminate this agreement for client's failure to make timely payments. You will be provided with an invoice on a monthly basis. All credit cards are billed automatically on a monthly basis. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that they have sufficient credit to cover this transaction. In the event that there is insufficient credit, we will send an e-mail notification, at which point we will need to be provided with another credit card account number within 24 hours. If we do not receive a response within 24 hours, the account, and all accounts under that account plan, will be suspended.
Certain services carry a setup fee charged by basic host uk to client, which must be paid by client in order to have use of said services. If client terminates this agreement, client shall be responsible for any and all outstanding fees owed to basic host uk and agrees to pay any and all fees incurred by client. Because the services are provided on a monthly basis, the client will be responsible for service fees incurred each month, regardless of when client provides notice of termination. Thus, for example, if the client provides notice of termination on the 15th day of a particular month, the client will be responsible for service fees for the entire month, and such fees will not be pro-rated or refunded.
We do not generally refund cancelled contracts. For example, if your contract is monthly or annually and you request a refund after paying for hosting and or any other service that basic host uk offers and or the service / hosting has already been setup etc, no refunds will be admitted for any reason wotsoever. No refunds are issued for setup charges, add-on charges, domain-registrations, add-on purchases, SSL certificates or overage charges, Html web template editing and or wordpress install and setup services. It is at basic host uk's discretion if we decide to offer any type of refund in part or full, In such case, The amount refunded will be less any transaction fees basic host uk has incurred via any third party payment merchant providers to offer above services to clients and or members of basic host uk, In case of AUP violations, any and all refunds are forfeit.
We DO NOT refund partial monthly and or annually fees to accounts for any reason wotsoever. We require 30 days notice for a cancellation.
Member Registration / New Orders
We will only start to process new orders after member signup has been confirmed by the email used at registration, This is just part of our security checks, If a member does not confirm registration this will delay an order getting processed.
Member Registration / Support
Support tickets will not be available until member signup has been confirmed by the email used at registration.
Any account deactivated due to non-payment will require a reactivation fee of £5.00 prior to reactivation.
Free Domain Offer
Basic host uk may offer a free domain name with hosting plans if paid anually, This offer is for the first year only and is subject to new domain name registration availability, After this time frame has ended the full cost of the domain name will then need to be paid to basic host uk in full for the following year and so on.
Free Hosting Trial
Once hosting has been setup, If the account remains unused / inactive or if dns settings have not been edited to point at our servers / not been used with associated domains (none registered domains and or domains used elsewhere) we reserve the right to deactive accounts to free up resources, In such cases, The account holder can request re-activation by opening a support ticket.
Basic host uk hosting and other related services pricing may change from time to time, Generally basic host uk does not change clients / customers billing terms until the end of the cycle for the following year and will give notice of change for monthly billing cycle types in advance.
Limitation of Liability
basic host uk shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental and consequential damages, which may arise from basic host uk ' servers going off-line or being unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Furthermore, basic host uk shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the corruption or deletion of any web site from one of basic host uk ' servers. All damages shall be limited to the immediate termination of service.
Violations of these Acceptable Use Policies should be referred to info [at] basichost.co.uk. All complaints will be investigated promptly. Failure to follow any term or condition will be grounds for immediate account deactivation.
basic host uk cannot be held liable for system down time, crashes or data loss. We cannot be held liable for any predicated estimate of profits which a client would have gained if their site was functioning. Certain services provided by basic host uk are resold. Thus, certain equipment, routing, software and programming used by basic host uk are not directly owned or written by basic host uk. Moreover, basic host uk holds no responsibility for the use of our clients' accounts. Failure to comply with any terms or conditions will result in the automatic deactivation of the account in question. We reserve the right to remove any account, without advance notice for any reason without restitution, as basic host uk sees fit.
By activating your account with basic host uk, you agree to the above policies and disclaimer. Upon requesting activation of an account, you are required to accept these policies, guidelines and disclaimer, and a copy of your acceptance is forwarded along with your activation request to be maintained with your account information.
NOTICE: If you sign up for an account and fail to comply with these terms, no refunds will be given. We will, however, advise you by e-mail or phone prior to taking any action to provide you with an opportunity to correct the problem.
Server Uptime Guarantee
Although basic host uk has an excellent record for reliability, we do not offer an uptime guarantee. However, our network and servers are monitored continuously, and are rarely down except for scheduled maintenance and hardware and software upgrades.
basic host uk reserves the right to amend any or all of the above policies,
guidelines and disclaimer without notification. We also retain the right
to increase any pricing and make changes to our account plans without
Web Template Editing Service
Our web templates editing services is for general html templates only, to use this service the customer needs to supply basic host uk with a template that the customer has the authority to use, When a order has been placed for our html web template editing service all the content needs to be supplied to basic host uk, This could be text content, images, links, contact details and so on, Not supplying and or delaying any information and or content to basic host uk will result in basic host uk unable to complete any html web template editing service, In this case we do not give any refunds wotsoever and is solely down to the client to provide information to basic host uk to be able to complete an order.
Wordpress Editing Service
To use this service the customer needs to supply basic host uk with a template or the wordpress default template will be used, When a order has been placed all the content needs to be supplied to basic host uk, This could be text content, images, links, contact details and so on, Not supplying and or delaying any information and or content to basic host uk will result in basic host uk unable to complete this service, In this case we do not give any refunds wotsoever and is solely down to the client to provide information to basic host uk to be able to complete an order, Some templates and or wordpress plugins need a license key to use at the cost of the client and not basic host uk for any reason wotsoever, basic host uk only install plugins, We do not setup and configure them.
Backups Of Data (Folders/Files/Databases/Mail)
It is the sole responsibility of the member / client within basic host uk to fully backup all data, Although we make regular backups basic host uk will not be held responsable for any lost data wotsoever and or for any loss of funds due to any downtime, Backups can be made by the client / member via cpanel.
It is the sole responsibility of the member / client within basic host uk to make sure any Scripts/Plugins/Modules used are kept up to date, If a site gets 'Hacked' due to out of date Scripts/Plugins/Modules versions hosted with basic host uk we will not be held responsible for any lost or corrupted data nor will basic host uk be held liable to fix/repair any outdated Scripts/Plugins/Modules used, In such cases we reserve the right to terminate any hosting account if basic host uk feel it may be detrimental to basic host uk website and or hosting and realted services offered.
Support is offered same day during working business hours, Evenings & weekends, These times may differ during unsociable hours and or if we have a large number of support requests to deal with, Clients can view 'Support Ticket' status via the member area.
Revision date: 10/07/2016
basic host uk has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site.
Information Automatically Logged
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. We use this information for no other reason.
Our site uses an order form for customers to request services. (128 bit encryption). We collect sensitive information which is used only for our purpose, not third party receives any type of information from us.
1. Contact information from the order forms is used to get in touch with the customer when necessary.
2. Billing information that is collected is used to bill the user for services.
3. Unique identifiers are collected from Web site visitors to verify the user's identity.
4. Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site.
5. We use this data to tailor our visitor's experience at our site showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use strong SSL encryption to ensure your privacy.
Information collected on this site is strictly for our use, NO OTHER OUTSIDE PERSONS MAY VIEW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH BILLING INFORMATION, ETC.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact: info [at] basichost.co.uk
Revision date: 10/07/2016
As a provider of web site hosting and other Internet-related services, basic host uk offers its customer (also known as "Subscribers") and their customers and users the means to acquire and disseminate a wealth of public, private, commercial and non-commercial information. basic host uk respects that the Internet provides a forum for free and open discussion and dissemination of information. However, when there are competing interests at issue, basic host uk reserves the right to take certain preventive or corrective actions. In order to protect these competing interests, basic host uk has developed an Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP"), which supplements and explains certain terms of each customer's respective service agreement, and is intended as a guide to the customer's rights and obligations when using basic host uk' services. This AUP will be revised from time to time.
One important aspect of the Internet is that no one party owns or controls it. This fact accounts for much of the Internet's openness and value, but it also places a high premium on the judgment and responsibility of those who use it, both in the information they acquire and in the information they disseminate to others. When subscribers obtain information through the Internet, they must keep in mind that basic host uk cannot monitor, verify, warrant or vouch for the accuracy and quality of the information they acquire. For this reason, the subscriber must exercise his or her best judgment in relying on information obtained from the Internet, and also should be aware that some material posted to the Internet may be sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. Because basic host uk cannot monitor or censor the Internet, and will not attempt to do so, basic host uk cannot accept any responsibility for injury to its subscribers resulting from inaccurate, unsuitable, offensive or illegal Internet communications.
When subscribers disseminate information from the Internet, they must keep in mind that basic host uk does not review, edit, censor or take responsibility for any information its subscribers may create. When users place information on the Internet, they have the same liability as other authors for copyright infringement, defamation and other harmful speech. Also, because the information created is carried over basic host uk' network and may reach a large number of people, including both subscribers and non-subscribers of basic host uk, subscribers' postings to the Internet may affect other subscribers and may affect basic host uk' goodwill, business, reputation or operations. For these reasons, subscribers violate basic host uk policy and the Service Agreement when they, their customers, affiliates or subsidiaries engage in the following prohibited activities:
Sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial information over the Internet. It is not only harmful because of its negative impact on consumer attitudes toward basic host uk, but also because it can overload basic host uk' network and disrupt service to basic host uk' subscribers. Also, maintaining an open SMTP relay is prohibited. When a complaint is received, basic host uk will investigate and shutdown the account that is SPAMING. A £250 charge for violating this policy will be charged to the person initiating the SPAM. Furthermore basic host uk reserves the right to prosecute for this violation. A £1.00 charge will be assessed PER EMAIL sent should basic host uk choose to pursue and prosecute.
Audio/Video Streaming is not hosting friendly. As such, basic host uk does not allow any streaming of audio or video content. Offending accounts will be suspended without noticed or terminated.
basic host uk does not allow adult content and will suspend/terminate any offending account.
Large File Policy:
basic host uk is not for file hosting and distribution - as such, customers may not host any files larger than 50MB in size that are observed to be available for the sole purpose of download. Such files include but are not limited to .ISO, audio/video files, .EXE files. If you are unsure whether your file is against this policy, please e-mail info [at] basichost.co.uk.
Obscene Speech or Materials:
Using basic host uk' network to advertise, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available child pornography or obscene speech or material is prohibited. basic host uk is required by law to notify law enforcement agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of child pornography on or being transmitted through its network.
Defamatory or Abusive Language:
Using basic host uk' network as a means to transmit or post negative, defamatory, harassing, abusive or threatening language.
Forging of Headers:
Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
Illegal or Unauthorized Access to Other Computers or Networks:
Accessing, illegally or without authorization, computers, accounts or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another individual's system (often known as "hacking"). Also, any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration (i.e., port scan, stealth scan or other information-gathering activity).
Distribution of Internet Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses or Other
Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail bombing or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the network or any connected network, system, service or equipment.
Facilitation a Violation of this AUP:
Advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available any software, program, product or service that is designed to violate this AUP, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail bombing, denial of service attacks and piracy of software.
Export Control Violations:
Exporting encryption software over the Internet or otherwise, to points outside the United States.
basic host uk reserves the right not to accept postings from newsgroups where we have actual knowledge that the content of the newsgroup violates the AUP.
Other Illegal Activities:
Engaging in activities that are determined to be illegal, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards and pirating software.
Basic host uk utilizes FraudRecord to screen new orders for previous fraudulent activity and report existing clients who violate our SLA Terms of Service. In case of a violation, you may be reported to FraudRecord for misbehaviour using one-way hashed information.
There is a set time limit before any ammount can paid out, Payments are made by PayPal UK, User must have a valid paypal account, We also do checks before any funds are paid, If we find any suspected fraud activity the affiliate account will be removed and member will get banned / removed form our system.
Engaging in activities, whether lawful or unlawful, that basic host uk determines to be harmful to its subscribers, operations, reputation, goodwill or customer relations.
1. As we have pointed out, the responsibility for avoiding harmful activities just described rests primarily with the subscriber. basic host uk will not, as an ordinary practice, monitor the communications of its subscribers to ensure that the comply with basic host uk' policy or applicable law. However, when basic host uk becomes aware of harmful activities, it may take any action to stop the harmful activity, including, but not limited to, suspension of services, removal of information, shutting down a web site, implementing screening software designed to block offending transmissions, denying access to the Internet, or any other action deemed appropriate by basic host uk. In such cases we will not give any refunds for any reason wotsoever and may report any suspicious activity.
2. basic host uk is also aware that many of its subscribers are themselves providers of Internet services, and that information reaching basic host uk' facilities from those subscribers may have originated from a customer of the subscriber or from another third party. basic host uk does not require its subscribers who offer Internet services to monitor or censor transmissions or web sites created by customers of its subscribers. basic host uk reserves the right to directly take action against a customer of its subscribers. Also, basic host uk may take action against the basic host uk' subscriber because of activities of a customer of the subscriber, even though the action may affect other customers of the subscriber. Similarly, basic host uk anticipates that subscribers who offer Internet services will cooperate with basic host uk in any corrective or preventive action that basic host uk deems necessary. Failure to cooperate with such corrective or preventive measures is a violation of basic host uk policy.
3. basic host uk will not intentionally monitor private electronic mail messages sent or receive by its subscribers, unless required to do so by law, governmental authority or when public safety is at stake. basic host uk may, however, monitor its service electronically to determine that its facilities are operating satisfactorily. Also, basic host uk may disclose information, including, but not limited to, information concerning a subscriber, a transmission made using our network, or a web site, in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request, warrant, statute, regulation or governmental request. basic host uk assumes not obligation to inform the subscriber that subscriber information has been provided and, in some cases, may be prohibited by law from giving such notice. Finally, basic host uk may disclose subscriber information or information transmitted over its network where necessary to protect basic host uk and others from harm, or where such disclosure is necessary to the proper operation of the system. However, basic host uk will never sell information to other services or outside companies.
4. basic host uk expects that its subscribers who provide Internet services to others will comply fully with all applicable laws concerning the privacy of online communications. A subscriber's failure to comply with those laws will violate basic host uk policy. Finally, basic host uk wishes to emphasize that, in signing the Service Agreement, subscribers indemnify basic host uk for any violation of the Service Agreement, law or basic host uk policy resulting in loss to basic host uk or the bringing of any claim against basic host uk by any third party. This means that, if basic host uk is sued because of a subscriber's or customer of a subscriber's activity, the subscriber will be responsible for payment of any damages awarded against basic host uk, plus costs and reasonable attorney's fees.
5. We hope this AUP is helpful in clarifying the obligations of Internet
users, including basic host uk and its subscribers, as responsible
members of the Internet. Any complaints about a subscriber's violation
of this AUP should be sent to info [at] basichost.co.uk.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution